Other benefits of periodic massage in the elderly are:
• Improves balance, balance and walking.
• Increases blood flow to the extremities.
• Helps soften tensions in tissues and muscles.
• Increases flexibility and better joint performance.
• Generates well being and tranquility states.
• Physical contact helps them improve mood.
• Helps produce hormones and neurotransmitters beneficial to the functioning of the nervous system.
• It is helpful in recovering from strokes.
• Improves the number of hours of sleep and the quality of it.
• Supports the immune system through the release of toxins.
• Helps relieve the pain caused by arthritis due to increased blood flow and body temperature.