What a Social/Emotional/Behavioral Assessment is?
Assessment or Evaluation is a process. The socio-emotional and behavioral assessment is done through a set of actions and instruments that allow to collect valuable information about the person to be evaluated, his/her conditions, and everything that is important to understand person’s behavior and the factors that maintain it.
The purpose of the evaluation is to understand the person and his/her problem, and to generate a plan of action and treatment.
What does an assessment include?
The evaluation process includes an intake session, interviews and all testing sessions necessary, consultation with professionals who interact with the person (teachers, doctors, among others), tests -objective and subjective-, inventories, review of existing data, observations and a feedback session.
Moreover, the evaluation/assessment involve administration, scoring, interpretations of tests, as well as a written report to be presented and reviewed with client/parents.
When an assessment will be done?
When a child/youth/adult is experiencing social, emotional and mental health difficulties/needs.
Possible difficulties or needs:
- Physical complaints without a known medical cause
- Sleep problems
- Eating problems
- Negative thoughts
- Hopelessness, helplessness
- Panic attacks, worrying and obsessions
- Difficulty controlling behavior: hyperactivity and excitability
- Difficulty regulating mood: outbursts, moodiness
- Difficulty focusing and concentrating
- Difficulty in school/job performance, lack of motivation
- Difficulty getting along
- Low self-esteem and poor self-image
- Low frustration tolerance, difficulty coping
- Low resilience skill
- Isolation, social withdrawal
- Difficulty regulating irritability and anger
- Difficulty making or keeping friends
- Avoidance behavior
- Thoughts of death/suicide, self-injurious behaviors, threatens to harm self
- Runs away or threatens to run away
- Difficulty making or keeping connection
- Difficulty communicating emotions or thoughts
- Muscular tension without a known medical reason
The cost of a full evaluation/assessment is determined by the total number of hours required to complete the evaluation process from the test administration time with client/child to the results review session. Charges are based on age and purpose of the assessment.
For more information and schedule an appointment please contact us: